1. What are Cookies?🍪
Cookies are small bits of data that are transmitted from a website and stored in the browser of a person visiting a web-site. Cookies are sent back to the server and they provide details of a person’s previous interaction with the web-site. Cookies are typically used by web-sites to “remember” information that may be useful to web-site visitor e.g. the contents of a shopping cart or their history of previous logins. What Cookies are retained by the browser after the user has left the web-site is dependent on the configuration settings on the web browser. Further information on how your browser handles and manages cookies can be found in your browser’s privacy documentation.
2. The Benefit of Cookies
- Prevent you having to login every time you visit the site;
- Persist your settings as you use the site and when you come back to the site;
- Enable you to share pages with social networks like Linkedin and Facebook;
- Enhance the security and speed of the web-site;
- Make it easier for you to access the features you want by personalising your experience;
- Gather data anonymously that helps us to improve our website for you;
- Increase the efficiency of our marketing to ensure we continue to provide value for money.
- Collect any personally identifiable or sensitive information;
- Pass data to advertising networks or third parties;
- Calculate and/or pay sales incentives.
4. Third Party and Social Media Cookies
Third Party Cookies
Not accepting these cookies will almost certainly degrade the services offered by these third parties.
Social Media Cookies
Note, the implications for your personal privacy will vary depending on the settings you have configured on these networks.
5. Removing Cookies from Your Browser
Cookies can typically be removed from your Browser via the configuration settings. All browsers provide a function to remove cookies, typically found under “Clear Browsing Data”. You can also usually restrict your browser from accepting cookies by changing your browser’s privacy settings. This will however likely erode the functionality of the web-sites that you use.
6. Further Information
You can find further information about Cookies here: